Co-op’s will work under the direction of/closely with Estimating department personnel to assist in all facets of the estimating process. Position will develop fundamental understanding of commercial/industrial/medical/institutional estimating practices and procedures.
- Bidding/estimating support
- Understand plan and specification requirements.
- Identify vendor/material supplier scopes of work.
- Distribution of documents.
- Communicate with vendors/subcontractors.
- Assist in take-off process.
- Handle requests for information.
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive company representation at all times in dealing with general contractors, engineers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Active student enrolled in a degreed program, preferably Construction Management or Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrates an interest in the construction industry.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Possesses analytical skills.
- Has strong organizational and time management skills with a sense of urgency and initiative.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and handle multiple projects/priorities.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Gaston Electrical is an equal opportunity employer.