Role & Responsibilities
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Based in: Norwood, MA
Estimate, strategize, collaborate and work with new technologies in order to drive electrical project wins with the highest competitive margins achievable and the fewest errors. Work with and help mentor team members to consistently improve efficiency and accuracy. Apply experience to deliver accurate and detailed budgets in the absence of complete design information.
- Coaching / Mentoring other team members.
- Perform and review take-offs for accuracy and consistency.
- Attend pre-bid walk through to establish familiarity with site and to maintain personal contact with customers.
- Review drawings and specifications to establish estimating strategy for each project.
- Work with Chief Estimator to incorporate new technologies to constantly improve the delivery of project estimates.
- Establish relationships with key customer decision makers.
- Become a valuable customer pre-construction resource.
- Participate in presentations and project interviews with customers, owners, and design teams.
- 10+ years experience estimating and/or working on commercial electrical construction projects; experience working on complex jobs with multiple systems desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively– verbal and written
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Prior use of an estimating software system.
- Ability to understand the bigger picture to create timely and accurate estimates.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Accubid Classic / Enterprise and Livecount Estimating Software preferred.
- Bluebeam, Sharepoint, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Cosential CRM Software