Responsible for taking architectural and engineering contract documents and creating electrical 3D drawings to ensure coordination with other trades are clash-free. Reports to BIM Manager.
Specific Job Duties:
- Obtain hard copies of red line as-builts for each project.
- Request and obtain CAD files from GC for manipulation.
- Create as-builts using AutoCAD. Forward as-builts to customer in both CAD and .pdf format.
CAD Coordination Duties:
- Attend project coordination meetings with other subs.
- Follow GC schedule and properly post coordination drawings on required .ftp site.
- In conjunction with foreman and PM, create 3D coordination drawings in AutoCAD
- Review shop drawings and clash reports to ensure that all design content is fully coordinated and accounted for.
- Print signed off coordination drawings for foreman for field install.
- Work with Prefab manager to prefabricate conduits, panels, etc.
- Take coordination drawings and order prefab/Identify opportunities.
- Draw prefab items in sketches for shop and field
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years experience with AutoCAD MEP; ability to create/coordinate 3d drawings.
- Electrical drafting experience required.
- Ability to drive projects to closure under minimal supervision.
- Be able to demonstrate communication skills, organizational skills and time management skills.
- Be able to work independently, analyze problems and develop a smart solution.
- Familiar with Navisworks and/or AutoDesk BIM 360 Glue.
- Microsoft office skills.