Role & Responsibilities
Reports to: Technology Infrastructure Division Mnaager
Based in: Norwood, MA
The Tel/Data Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and budgeting activities concerned with tel/data construction projects. The desired results are that our projects are run efficiently with maximum profitability and high customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Engage regularly with our customers and respond with urgency to build trust.
- Build trust by consistently meeting project deadlines and customer expectations.
- Participate in estimating hand-off meetings to establish project budgets and initial project expectations.
- Establish project schedule.
- Ensure manpower is appropriately assigned to projects by working with Director, Field Operations.
- Create cost code allocations from initial estimate.
- Identify pre-fabrication opportunities and collaborate with GF, Director of Field Operations and Pre-Fab manager to lay out, plan and schedule all prefabricated assemblies.
- Oversee all multi-trade coordination efforts and scheduling with our BIM department.
- Work with corporate Safety Manager to ensure jobsite workers are adhering to Gaston safety rules and regulations.
- Work with GF to increase jobsite efficiencies and to remove any obstacles to worker productivity.
- Maximize project profitability and identify ways to reduce installation costs.
- Participate in WIP meetings with accurate cost-to-complete estimates.
- Price and negotiate project change orders.
- Manage vendors and track all deliveries with the assistance of project coordinators.
- Identify all constructability concerns and issue timely RFIs.
- Leverage Spectrum Project Management software to complete required activities.
- Utilize Project Coordinators as required for assistance in Purchase and delivery tracking, software inputs, permit pulling, change order management, project close-out materials, clerical duties, etc.
- Leverage relationships to identify future work opportunities.
- Experience working on construction Tel/Data projects.
- Previous project management experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively– verbal and written.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Ability to track the progress of projects and understand how to maximize efficiency.
- Ability to learn and utilize software effectively
- Previous experience utilizing software such as Spectrum and Accubid is helpful.
Gaston Electrical is an Equal Opportunity Employer