Role & Responsibilities
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Based in: Norwood, MA
The Estimating Coordinator will offer support for upper management and our estimating department. This position requires you to be efficient, able to work with others in a fast-paced environment, complete work in a timely manner, extremely proficient in Microsoft Office, and have exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Provide support and perform general administrative duties for upper management and estimating.
- Assist with prequalification’s as needed.
- Maintain and update Estimating daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Miscellaneous data entry.
- Perform general clerical duties, including ordering drawings, copying, scanning, sorting, binding, supplies inventory, and miscellaneous errands.
- Print drawings and specifications.
- Download and distribute addendums.
- Ensure bid folders have necessary documents (ie. emails, letters placed in bid folders).
- Work with Chief Estimator for daily RFIs (requests for information).
- Utilizing Cosential software, work with Chief Estimator to create job folders, download info, email bid response to clients and update daily.
- OCE orders and schedule maintenance (printer).
- Organize and file bid folders and drawings post bid/award.
- Assist with vendor quotes, send/ receive, and distribute for review.
- Assist in preparing turnover packages.
- Assist in organizing estimating meetings.
- High school degree required; College degree a plus!
- Highly interested in working in the construction industry and starting your career. Any previous experience working in a construction company performing office-related duties is a plus!
- Have a bias for action – be proactive and respond to needs in a timely basis.
- Comfortable working within a smaller group and building relationships
- Demonstrate strong communication skills – verbal and written – that promote “working together.”
- Ability to prioritize work and stay organized
- Will use: Bluebeam, Conest, Egnyte, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams), and Cosential CRM software.
Gaston Electrical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.