Role & Responsibilities
Reports to: Project Executive
Based in: Norwood, MA
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting activities concerned with electrical construction projects. The desired result is that our projects are run efficiently with maximum profitability and high customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Engage regularly with our customers and respond with urgency to build trust.
- Build trust by consistently meeting project deadlines and customer expectations.
- Participate in estimating hand off meetings to establish project budgets and initial project expectations.
- Establish project schedule.
- Ensure manpower is appropriately assigned to projects by working with Director, Field Operations.
- Create cost code allocations from initial estimate.
- Identify pre-fabrication opportunities and collaborate with GF, Director of Field Operations and Pre-Fab manager to lay out, plan and schedule all prefabricated assemblies.
- Oversee all multi-trade coordination efforts and scheduling with our BIM department.
- Work with corporate Safety Manager to ensure job site workers are adhering to Gaston safety rules and regulations.
- Work with GF to increase job site efficiencies and to remove any obstacles to worker productivity.
- Maximize project profitability and identify ways to reduce installation costs.
- Participate in WIP meetings with accurate cost-to-complete estimates.
- Price and negotiate project change orders.
- Manage vendors and track all deliveries with the assistance of project coordinators.
- Identify all constructability concerns and issue timely RFIs.
- Leverage Spectrum Project Management software to complete required activities.
- Utilize Project Coordinators as required for assistance in Purchase and delivery tracking, software inputs, permit pulling, change order management, project close out materials, clerical duties, etc.
- Leverage relationships to identify future work opportunities.
- 3-5 years of experience working on commercial construction projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively– verbal and written.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Ability to drive projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Construction Software preferred.
- Knowledge of Accubid Estimating Software preferred.