Role & Responsibilities
Reports to: Project Executive
Based in: Norwood, MA
The Project Engineer is responsible for aiding in the planning, directing, coordinating and budgeting activities concerned with electrical construction projects. The desired result is that our projects are run efficiently with maximum profitability and high customer satisfaction. Through executing, shadowing and mentoring, this role will get the required experience to develop into an Assistant Project Manager.
- Participate in estimating hand-off meetings.
- Counts for buyouts of packages.
- Assist with management of documents for the Field.
- Assist in establishing project schedule with PM.
- Assist in creating cost code allocations from the initial estimate.
- Work with PM and Pre-Fab Manager to discuss pre-fabrication opportunities and coordinate layout, plan, and schedule for any prefabricated assemblies.
- Assist with project change orders.
- Work closely within Office and Field to ensure they have the latest drawings.
- Visit job sites and attend job meetings as needed.
- Assist with bi-weekly projection on job cost.
- Manage vendors and track all deliveries of materials.
- Assist with issuing timely RFIs.
- Work with Project Coordinators as required for assistance in Purchase and delivery tracking, software inputs, permit pulling, change order management, project close-out materials, administrative duties, etc.
- Assist with job close-out manuals and as-builts.
- Participate in job close-out meetings.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering desirable.
- Electrical construction knowledge gained through an apprenticeship program is acceptable.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written – that promote “working together”.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a process.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrate responsiveness to external and internal customers and ownership of your job and responsibilities is critical.
- Desire to be part of a team and understand how your role fits into the bigger picture.
- Demonstrated experience using various software such as Microsoft 365
- Will train on Construction related software such as Spectrum, Accubid, Bluebeam, CAD.
Gaston Electrical is an equal opportunity employer.