Role & Responsibilities
Reports to: Low Voltage Division Manager
Based in: Norwood, MA
The Low Voltage Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and budgeting activities concerned with construction projects for Telecommunications, Security, Audio / Visual (AV) and Wireless Installations and Technologies. The desired results are that our projects are run efficiently with maximum profitability and high customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Engage regularly with our customers and respond with urgency to build trust.
- Build trust by consistently meeting project deadlines and customer expectations.
- Participate in estimating hand off meetings to establish project budgets and initial project expectations.
- Establish project schedule.
- Ensure manpower is appropriately assigned to projects.
- Create cost code allocations from the initial estimate.
- Identify pre-fabrication opportunities and collaborate with GF, Director of Field Operations and Pre-Fab manager to lay out, plan and schedule all prefabricated assemblies.
- Oversee all multi-trade coordination efforts and scheduling with our BIM department.
- Work with corporate Safety Manager to ensure jobsite workers are adhering to Gaston safety rules and regulations.
- Work with GF to increase jobsite efficiencies and to remove any obstacles to worker productivity.
- Maximize project profitability and identify ways to reduce installation costs.
- Participate in WIP meetings with accurate cost-to-complete estimates.
- Price and negotiate project change orders.
- Manage vendors and track all deliveries with the assistance of project coordinators.
- Identify all constructability concerns and issue timely RFIs.
- Leverage Spectrum Project Management software to complete required activities.
- Utilize Project Coordinators as required for assistance in Purchase and delivery tracking, software inputs, permit pulling, change order management, project close out materials, clerical duties, etc.
- Leverage relationships to identify future work opportunities.
- 3-5 years low voltage project management experience or equivalent field experience.
- Manage projects from beginning to end and drive projects to close successfully
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers – verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate urgency and problem-solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge base of Telecommunications Structured Cabling Systems and applicable Vendors in market. Must have a working knowledge of appropriate vendors and partners within Security, AV, and Wireless Technologies
- Professional certifications like RCDD, PMP, CTS, etc. etc. encouraged but not required
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Construction software a plus.
- Knowledge of Conest Estimating software a plus.
Gaston Electrical is an Equal Opportunity Employer