Reports to: Project Executive or VP of Construction Operations
Based in: Norwood, MA
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and budgeting activities concerned with electrical construction projects. The desired result is that our projects are run efficiently with maximum profitability and high customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and direct large, complex construction projects from conception to completion.
- Engage regularly with our customers and respond with urgency to build trust.
- Build trust by consistently meeting project deadlines and customer expectations.
- Participate in estimating hand-off meetings to establish project budgets and initial project expectations.
- Establish project schedule.
- Ensure manpower is appropriately assigned to projects by working with Director, Field Operations.
- Create cost code allocations from initial estimate.
- Identify pre-fabrication opportunities and collaborate with GF, Outside Supers and Pre-Fab manager to lay out, plan and schedule all prefabricated assemblies.
- Oversee all multi-trade coordination efforts and scheduling with our BIM department.
- Work with corporate Safety Manager and GF to ensure jobsite workers are adhering to Gaston safety rules and regulations.
- Work with GF to increase jobsite efficiencies and to remove any obstacles to worker productivity.
- Maximize project profitability and identify ways to reduce installation costs.
- Manage small and large package buyouts.
- Participate in WIP meetings with accurate cost-to-complete estimates.
- Price and negotiate project change orders.
- Manage vendors and track all deliveries with the assistance of project coordinators.
- Identify all constructability concerns and issue timely RFIs.
- Leverage Spectrum Project Management software to complete required activities.
- Collaborate with Project Coordinators as required for assistance in Purchase and delivery tracking, software inputs, permit pulling, change order management, project close out materials, clerical duties, etc.
- Leverage relationships to identify future work opportunities.
- 10+ years electrical construction project management experience with demonstrated experience running larger, complex work.
- Independently manage projects beginning to end and drive projects to close successfully.
- Estimating experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers – verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate urgency and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Construction Software a plus.
- Knowledge of Accubid Estimating Software a plus.
No agencies please.