Hours: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Reports to: Prefabrication Director
Based in: Norwood, MA
- Plan, organize, lead and participate in the operations and activities of the Warehouse; train, supervise, and direct warehouse support staff.
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of tools and materials.
- Inventory, store and manage maintenance of all tools; manage and maintain inventory spreadsheet.
- Receive and oversee tracking of all incoming lighting, switchgear and fire alarm deliveries
- Receive and oversee tracking of all incoming freight deliveries: UPS, FedEx, and LTL
- Route, schedule, and prepare orders for delivery; oversee loading and unloading of Gaston delivery vehicles
- Organize and maintain warehouse appearance and functionality
- Work with Prefab and Field in scheduling deliveries to jobsites; communicate with PMs on inventory.
- Observe health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Establish warehouse standards and procedures.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Leads staff to meet departmental objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate forklift truck as necessary.
- 5-7+ years prior warehouse experience required; 2-5 years management experience required.
- HS degree or GED required
- Forklift experience required (certification/training required)
- Capable of lifting heavy boxes up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of electric hand tools and the electrical industry preferred.
- Knowledge of space utilization and inventory techniques; proper methods of storing equipment, materials and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships is important
- Ability to learn new software
- Basic math skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Gaston Electrical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.